The Governing Body, together with the Head Teacher, is responsible for the overall strategic direction of the school.
The role of the local governing board is a strategic one. Its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school;
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives;
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives;
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives;
- be a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher (a critical friend).